When requesting a repeat prescription please allow at least 48 hours before visting your collection pont.
The table below outlines the timescales we will deliver to you:
READY AFTER 2PM AT THE SURGERY
READY AFTER 2PM AT LOCAL PHARMACY
Please remember that any prescriptions posted through the door when the surgery is closed will not be processed until the next working day and you should allow additional time to collect your prescription e.g. Prescriptions left over the weekend will not be ready for collection until the Wednesday afternoon.
We can only process requests for repeat prescriptions - if you require a new medication you will need to book an appointment or speak to one of our doctors on the telephone.
There are a number of ways in which you can place your repeat prescription requests. They are:
- Online Request via Patient Access (Simple registration form to be completed at the outset). Patient Access Information Leaflet.
- Drop in a Request - ideally using the previous prescription slip and leave in our box in the reception area (this is emptied several times a day).
- Via Pharmacy services - Pharmacies can order your repeat prescription on your behalf (simple registration form to be completed at the outset) and they may even deliver the medication to you!
Paper prescriptions can be sent to the Chemists in Cheddar or Axbridge and will be ready for collection within 72 hours, or posted to Wedmore or Winscombe chemist, in which case please allow for postage time.
EPS Pharmacy Nomination.pdf
We can also post your prescription to your home but please enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your request.
Electronic Prescription Service & Pharmacy Nominations
Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) who is providing NHS numbers for those patients that maybe suitable for electronic repeat dispensing prescriptions. The information is obtained from NHS prescriptions submitted to the NHSBSA. A member of our clinical team will contact these patients soon to explain the benefits of this service.
For more information about this service and how it might affect you please download and read the patient information leaflet below. You can then complete and return the the nomination form so that we can update your records accordingly.
EPS2 Patient Info.pdf
EPS Pharmacy Nomination.pdf
Changes to Prescription Requests
Our telephone request line closed on Friday 16th January 2015 at 12pm, we are no longer able to accept prescription requests over the telephone.
From 1st September 2019 we will only accept Urgent Prescription Requests for medicines which are classed as "emergency items". These include:
- GTN Spray (for angina)
- Inhaled Medications (for chronic respiratory conditions such as Asthma or COPD)
- Anticonvulsants (also known as anti-seizure drugs)
- Anticoagulants (to prevent the clotting of blood)
- Drugs for palliative care patients (e.g. cancer, end of life, congestive heart failure, Kidney Failure, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) etc.)
If you submit a request for a non-emergency item this will be processed within the normal 48 hour timeframe as seen above.
Also from 1st September 2019: Patients requesting prescriptions for Controlled Drugs because their previous prescription has been lost or stolen will be required to report the loss to the police and supply the surgery with a valid Crime Reference Number before being issued with a replacement prescription.